Mandy Reid is a Reg.MBACP (Accred) counsellor/psychotherapist and a clinical supervisor. She works with a ‘here and now’ focus and supports her clients to compassionately bring healing to the source of their suffering. Mandy believes we are all creative beings, with the power to manifest our passions, life-purpose and to live as our authentic selves. Along side her therapy practice she offers supervision to counsellors /psychotherapists and those involved in the healing professions. Mandy has particular interests in meditations, sexuality, shamanism, trauma and spiritual philosophies, which inspire her working practise.
More recently Mandy organised shamanic healing retreats in South America with a gifted medicine woman, as well as working with numerous shamans and traditional healers. Her passion is in finding out how we can bridge and integrate the tradiona/ ancient healing techniques with western therapy for our modern society.
Mandy has over a 15 years experience of working therapeutically with others in varying roles. Which have included:
- Running Holistic Healing & Therapy Retreats in South America.
- Management and supervision of an award winning Counselling Service for a National Leading Charity.
- Group and 1-1 therapy for women leaving prison to be re-united with their children.
- Group and 1-1 therapy for women who have been trafficked into sex working.
- Terrence Higgans Trust - Therapy for gay men involved with drugs and the sex party scene.
- 1-1 therapy for women experiencing anger issues.
- Group and 1-1 therapy for a leading national organisation working with and for families affected by addictions
- Therapy & Movement workshops at a highly respected Harley Street Clinic.
- Private therapy and supervision practice - London - Edinburgh - Online and face to face.